pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Gluten-free pizza (pancake style)

I adapted this recipe from one I found in The Uncheese Cookbook. No, I'm not gluten intollerant (anymore...), but I do enjoy a quick pizza impersonation from time to time. I gave up bread 4 yrs ago, so normally make a rice crust for pizza, but this one uses garbonzo bean flour. It's a batter technique, poured and lightly pan fried in a touch of olive oil. Natually, I refused to follow the recipe "as is", so I put my own spin on it. I didn't like the idea of a bean-ish flavored pizza, so I folded in a lot of nutritional yeast to the batter along with red pepper flakes, basil and oregano. I also melted some Vegan Gourmet's cheese toward the end. I served it with a little homemade tomato-sage sauce (our go-to sauce). My 6yr old daughter loves this, and calls it "that pancake pizza". My husband is more a traditional pizza man (I posted a photo in Feb). He's got a great handle on his homemade vegan crust and pizza, which could rival any non-vegan pizza any day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment