pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Simple Veggie Casserole

My mother in law is one of the most supportive people I know, and while she is a meat eater, she tries very hard to accomodate my little vegan family. THIS has to be my favorite vegetable dish these days...and it is surprisingly simple (according to her). I don't have an "exact" recipe, but I'll explain it as best I can. She's explained her method to me countless times, but it's never the same when I make it. I think I'm a wee bit spoiled knowing that she'll eventually make another for us very soon. Cut veggies, toss with a fair amount of extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash (it's just herbs) and Lawrey's seasoning salt to taste. I think that's it. Bake approx 1 hr at 450 degrees. The olive oil creates an incredible buttery flavor. I am seriously craving this right now.

2 comments:

  1. I love roasting up a bunch of random veggies. My favorite right now is brussel sprouts halved, tossed with potatoes, garlic and olive oil and roasted until the outer edges start to brown and peel away. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a good brussel sprout recipe is much appreciated. YUM! I roasted some with a little cider vinegar a while back. I can't wait to try your way.

    ReplyDelete